Raj Govt announces relief for blasts' victims

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Jaipur, May 13: The Rajasthan Government tonight announced a relief of Rs 5 lakh to the next of kin of each deceased killed in the serial blast here this evening.

An official Spokesman told UNI that relief of Rs one lakh would also be provided to each critically injured, whereas Rs 25,000 would be given to other injured in the blasts. An estimated 67 people died and around 200 were injured in the seven blasts which rocked different places in the walled city here between 1935 and 1945 hrs. State Home Minister Gulab Chand Kataria and hospital sources confirmed the number of fatalities.

Rajasthan Director General of Police A S Gill said nobody had so far claimed responsibility for the explosions but prima facie they appeared to be the handiwork of some terror outfits. Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje, who was in Jodhpur, immediately rushed back to the state capital after hearing news of the blasts and spoke to senior police officials regarding the incident.

UNI

Please Wait while comments are loading...