Hoshiarpur, May 13 (UNI) Two migrant Nepali labourers died and six others were taken seriously ill early today after consuming unhygienic food last night, police said.
According to doctors in Civil Hospital, all the victims had suffered from food poisoning and had nausea and stomachache, leading to dehydration.
The victims were presently residing at a motor room of Manjit Singh at village Bhani Patwala PS Purana Shalla, district Gurdaspur, police said.
They all started vomiting after eating the dinner and were immediately taken to Civil Hospital, Mukerian.
While the two labourers identified as Bhag Narain Mukhia and Surat Mukhia died early today, the others including Parmod Karpik, Jai Ram Mukhia, Remok Karpik, Ishwar Mukhia, Sebodh Karpik and Satru Mukhia were recovering in the hospital.
The Gurdaspur police had initiated proceedings under sections 174 of the CrPC in this connection.
UNI XC JN MMS1840