New Delhi, May 12 : The Defence Ministry on Monday issued a clarification on the issue of the supply of Hawk aircraft to the Indian Air Force.
In a statement issued on Monday, the ministry said that the supply of Hawk aircraft has not been stopped.
"In fact, two aircraft arrived from UK today, along with large quantities of spares, as per the induction plan. Two more aircraft would arrive in the first week of June," it added.
It also refuted reports that claimed that after the accident on April 29 this year, aircraft had been grounded.
It said that the aircraft were flying, but were temporarily suspended for carrying out checks to rule out critical system failure, especially as the aircraft are under warranty.
It said that this is the normal practice followed after any accident.