Nashik police helpline for women from June 1

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Nashik, May 10 (UNI) Nashik police has taken an initiative of operating a special helpline dedicated to women, first ever in the state, which will be active from June 1.

''Three years ago Nashik police had started a special branch for women's safety. The example was followed by others later on. There is a sort of 'Nashik Pattern' in this. Now we are starting the special toll free helpline for women. By dialing 103, women can get all kinds of help,'' Nashik Police Commissioner Himanshu Roy said in a press conference here.

''Women can get help for any problem, be it any crime against them or any kind of assistance they require. The helpline will also provide facilities such as counseling. A special software will trace the name and address of the caller after the call received and help will be provided,'' Mr Roy elaborated.

Strict measures would be applied to curb all kinds of criminal activities in the city and political clashes such as the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) agitation.

Regarding the exodus of north Indians from the city due to the MNS agitation, Mr Roy said, ''According to report submitted by Nashik Industries and Manufacturer's Association (NIMA), 85 per cent north Indians who left the city due to the MNS agitation, have returned and the remaining 15 per cent are also willing to do so.'' He informed about the various measures undertaken by the police regarding various issues, such as traffic problem, noise pollution.

For instance, the police would undertake an anti-encroachment drive in various part of the city, in collaboration with Nashik Municipal Corporation from today onwards, Mr Roy added.

UNI GB GR SW BST1026

Please Wait while comments are loading...