Karnal, May 9 (UNI) Three workers died while one fell critically sick today due to accumulation of poisonous gas in the pollution control unit of an iron factory here.
According to police, three workers had gone to rectify the water connection which had developed a fault in the pollution control unit of Prakash Iron Industry here.
The three, identified as Akbar (35), Satish (35) and Jasmer (30), however, were suffocated by the accumalated poisonous gas inside the unit.
The fourth worker, Rajender, who went to inquire when the trio did not return for sometime, also fell unconscious inside the unit after inhaling the poisonous gas.
As soon as the matter came to light, the fire brigade and police were called. They pulled out the four workers and rushed them to civil hospital.
While Akbar, Satish and Jasmer were declared brought dead by the doctors, condition of Rajender was stated to be critical.
Police have registered a case against the owner of the industry.
The bodies of the three workers were handed over to their relatives after an autopsy.
UNI XC JN MMS1620