Pune, May 3 (UNI) The first ever All India Marathi Sports Literature Sammelan, after three days of deliberations on various topics related to sports, today unanimously approved a 12-point resolution, to be tabled before the Maharashtra government for its action and implementation with immediate effect.
The resolution would be sent to the state Chief Minister, deputy Chief Minister, Revenue Minister, Sports Minister, Secretary Sports, Director of Sports, presidents of MOA and the IOA to take necessary action.
On the occasion of the concluding session of the deliberations, the Sammelan president Pralhad Sawant and the reception committee chairman Prof Balasaheb Landge felicitated four veteran Marathi journalists -- Atma Ram More (former editor of Loksatta), Datta Vazalwar (Tarun Bharat, Nagpur), Ashok Sidhaye of Pune and J T Kulkarni of Solapur.
The maiden three-day sammelan was an overwhelming success, wherein the following 12 points resolution was discussed and approved.
1) Open spaces reserved for play ground should not be utilized for other purposes.
2) The government should give financial assistance to MMSJA to established sports journalist academy for creation of Marathi sports literature.
3) Representative of Maharashtra Olympic Association (MOA), respective state sports associations and awardees should be included in the Managing Committee of Shiv Chhatrapati Sports Complex after the conclusion of the 2008 Commonwealth Youth Games.
4) The government should revive the scheme of providing financial assistance for the creation and development of Marathi sports literature.
5) The government should take steps for setting of compulsory a sports section in libraries, while advancing financial assistance to them.
6) The government should make provision of instituting the late Khashaba Jadhav awards for best sports journalist and best photographer in the eight revenue divisions of the state on the lines of Balshahtri Jambhekar award.
7) Lessons pertaining to the sports heroes of Maharashtra like Dhanraj Pillay, Hind Kesari Maruti Mane and Anjali Vedpathak should be included in the Bal Bharati Books and also introduce financial assistance in producing documentary films on them.
8) All the former sportspersons of the state, who had represented the country, should be given handsome pension.
9) The government should formulate a permanent scheme to give cash incentives to the state sportspersons, representing in the National Games, Asian Games, Commonwealth and the Olympic games, and also the medal winners.
10) The Home Department of the Maharashtra government should revive the scheme of raising funds for the development of sports by allocation of special race.
11) The government should allocate a land for a housing colony for the benefit of renowned sportspersons.
12) The Department Sports should take a lead in translating rule books, pertaining to various Olympic sports, in Marathi.
The Sammelen concluded with a vote of thanks.
UNI IS SSS RAR PM1935