Children consume Jatropha seeds; fall ill

Written by:
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Karur, May 2 (UNI) Thirteen school children, including ten girls, were hospitalised after they took ill after inadvertently consuming Jatropha seeds, at East Ayyampalayam here.

Official sources said several children in the village complained of nausea last evening and were taken to the Kadavur Primary Health Centre.

Examinatons revealed that the children, all students of the Panchayat Union Primary School in that area, had consumed jatropha seeds on Wednesday after school hours, the sources added.

They were later discharged.


Please Wait while comments are loading...