RIL's Field Development Plan of Dhirubhai 26 approved

Subscribe to Oneindia News

New Delhi, Apr 24 (UNI) Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) today said the Field Development Plan (FDP) of MA field (Dhirubhai-26), located in the deep waters of Krishna Godavari basin has been approved by the Management Committee (MC).

The Managing Committee was constituted under the Production Sharing Contract, consisting of contractors and government of India nominees.

The Managing Committee has approved the Field Development Plan (FDP) of MA field (Dhirubhai-26) within the contract area of KG-DWN-98/3 (KG-D6) located in the deep waters of Krishna Godavari basin off the east coast of Andhra Pradesh, a company statement said.

The field was discovered by RIL in the year 2006 and a development plan was submitted to Director General of Hydrocarbons (DGH), Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas (MoPNG) and other MC Members for approval.

The field is estimated to produce a Peak Oil Production of 40,000 BOPD and an estimated gas of 240-350 MMSCFD.

The production is likely to commence in mid 2008 and the MA oil field development plan is in addition to the development plan for gas field D1-D3 within the same block.

RIL acquired this block, KG-DWN-98/3 under NELP-I and holds a participating interest of 90 per cent and Niko (NECO) Ltd holds the remaining 10 per cent participating interest.

UNI SR PBB DB2110

Please Wait while comments are loading...