Bokaro, Apr 24 (UNI) A 220-volt switch yard of Chandrapura Thermal Power Plant under Damodar Valley Corporation today caught fire in which loss of property worth lakh of rupees was estimated.
With this the production of power will also be affected leading to more critical situation for since yesterday people of the coal belt area had been suffering from loadshedding.
''The fire was caused by short circuit in the swith yard,'' DVC sources said, adding materials for new plant of the corporation were kept there and those, including cable wire, were also damaged.
However, fire tenders pressed into service brought the situation under control.
Some units of Bokaro Thermal Power Plant (Jharkhand) and Mijhia Thermal Power Plant in West Bengal were also out of order which affected smooth supply of power to the coal belt, sources said, adding today's fire in the Chandrapura Thermal Power Plant might aggravate the situation.
UNI XC-PRS-AM PP SB HS1805