Kaithal, Apr 20 (UNI) As many as 26 people, including women and children, suffered burn injuries when an LPG cylinder caught fire at Sirta village of this district last night during a 'Jagran' function, police sources today said.
All the injured were rushed to the civil hospital here and later four of the seriously injured were sent to PGI Chandigarh .
The deputy commissioner announced that Red Cross will bear the expenses of treatment of the injured. The district Red Cross office bearers distributed food to those admitted and their relatives present in the hospital premises here.
According to police sources, the gas from a leaking cylinder came in contact with a helogen lamp and soon it spread in the area where the function was being held.
UNI XC HS SLD KN1816