Two die after inhaling sewage gas

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Nagpur, Apr 19 (UNI) Two persons, including a conservancy worker, were killed and another became unconscious after inhaling sewage gas in a residential colony of public sector coal undertaking Western Coalfields Limited (WCL), near here.

A sweeper, who had gone down into a sewerage line in the colony at Khaparkheda yesterday, fell unconscious after inhaling the gas, a WCL spokesman told UNI. On realising that the sweeper had lost consciousness, his nephew also went in, but he also met a similar fate, he said.

The two were later found dead by rescuers, the spokesman said.

Their identities could not be ascertained immediately. One of the rescuers, who fell ill after inhaling the gas, is undergoing treatment at hospital, he added.

UNI AB MP VP0430

Please Wait while comments are loading...