Lahore, Apr 18 : PCB's three-member appellate tribunal hearing Pakistan fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar's appeal against the five-year ban imposed on him, has reportedly given him seven days more to collect necessary documents from the Board and add some more points in his appeal.
Extra time was given to the bowler on his request, head of the tribunal Aftab Farrukh said.
"Akhtar has requested the tribunal that he needs some documents from the PCB to add some more points to his appeal against a five-year ban for violating the players' code of conduct. We have given him seven days to complete this formality and then we will have the second hearing on April 26," the Daily Times quoted Aftab as saying.
The first hearing told reporters after the first hearing of the appeal at the National Cricket Academy (NCA) here on Thursday.
Aftab said the tribunal would decide the case on merit after hearing both the parties.
But, he refused to give exact time frame in which the case would be decided. "I cannot say how much time will it take to decide the appeal, but we will hear the case on day-to-day basis from the next hearing."
He said the decision of majority of the tribunal would be considered as the final decision. The PCB was represented advocate Tafazul Hussain Rizvi.
The 32-year-old Akhtar hit out at the PCB in January this year after being omitted from a list of 15 players given central contracts. The fast bowler was already on two years' probation for hitting teammate Mohammad Asif with a bat just days before the start of the Twenty20 World Cup in South Africa last year. The PCB has also sent a Rs 200 million legal notice to Akhtar after the paceman accused board chairman Nasim Ashraf of victimizing him and trying to extort money from him and other members of the national team.