120 taken ill after consuming poisonous food

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Dewas, MP, Apr 15 (UNI) About 120 people, including 20 children and 22 women, were today taken ill after consuming poisonous food at Khajuria Parmar village in this district, health department sources said.

After consuming sweetmeat made from 'mawa' at a 'mrityu bhoj (death feast)' programme organised in the village, some people complained of diarrhoea and the number went going up.

A health department team visited the village. About 55 people were provided treatment at primary healthcare centre at nearby Vijayavanmandi village. Others received treatment at the village.

Dr M K Saxena, who returned from the village, said all of them were in stable condition.

UNI XC-PS ARR ND2226

Please Wait while comments are loading...