Thiruvananthapuram, Apr 12 : Defence Minister A K Antony on Saturday said that despite the killings of three Indians in Afghanistan, the Government would continue to help the rehabilitation process in that country.
Antony expressed shock over the killing of the BRO personnel and said India had sought details of the attack and arrangements were being made to transport the bodies.
"It is a rude shock. This tragedy has happened when the road construction was in its final phase. We are in constant touch with the Afghan government," he said.
Instructions had been issued to provide emergency relief to the members of the bereaved families, Antony added.
Three engineers of Border Roads Organisation (BRO) were killed and six others injured when a suicide bomber blew up in the remote southwestern Afghan province of Nimroz.
No one has claimed responsibility so far. However, the Taliban is said to be behind the attack.
The Taliban is fighting to expel foreign forces and bring down Afghanistan's Western-backed government since 2001.