Howrah, Apr 5: A fire, triggerred by a huge amount of firecrackers, chemicals and other explosives stored in a house, broke out near the Hanisen crossing on the Kona Expressway here this morning.
Fire brigade sources said two fire tenders were rushed to douse the blaze. They said a series of explosions were occurring at the site rendering it difficult for the firemen to control the blaze.
However, there were no reports of any casualty, the sources said.
Initially, it was suspected that a short circuit was the cause of the fire and electricity supply to the entire area was cut off.
Meanwhile, tension prevailed among the locals as minor explosions continued, the sources said.