New Delhi, Apr 2 (UNI) More than 70 employees of a call centre in West Delhi's Janakpuri area were being treated in a hospital after falling seriously ill from food poisoning today, police said.
The mass poisoning was being sourced to a contractor who had reportedly served stale and leftover food to the employees of OICS call centre at Pankah Road in Janakpuri.
The employees suffered from vomitting, stomach aches and fever.
The contractor, Sitaram, used to serve food to the call centre employees on daily basis.
However, soon after having food today, the employees complained of stomach ache and started vomitting.
They were rushed to a nearby hospital, Kartik, in a serious condition.
However, most of the employees have been discharged from the hospital while the remaining were being treated there.
Police have registered a case.
UNI AG LS RAI2130