Washington, Mar 31 : '21,' the card-counting drama starring Jim Sturgess, Kevin Spacey, Kate Bosworth, and Laurence Fishburne, has topped the weekend box office raking in 23 million dollars, as per estimates compiled by Exhibitor Relations.
The film, which is based loosely around the story of a 1990s incarnation of the MIT Blackjack Team, is followed by 'Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears a Who!,' which earned 17.4 million dollars, reports E! Online.
At number three was 'Superhero Movie' with 9.5 million dollars while 'Tyler Perry's Meet the Browns,' was at number four with 7.8 million dollars.
Rounding off the top five was 'Drillbit Taylor,' with earnings of 5.8 million dollars.
The list of top-grossing weekend films is as follows:
1. 21 - 23.7 million dollars
2. Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears a Who! - 17.4 million dollars
3. Superhero Movie - 9.5 million dollars
4. Tyler Perry's Meet the Browns - 7.8 million dollars
5. Drillbit Taylor - 5.8 million dollars
6. Shutter - 5.3 million dollars
7. 10,000 B.C. - 4.9 million dollars
8. Stop-Loss - 4.5 million dollars
9. College Road Trip - 3.5 million dollars
10. The Bank Job - 2.8 million dollars