Shivpuri(MP), Mar 29 (UNI) Fire broke out at a petrol pump here this morning when a customer switched on his cellular phone.
The blaze was immediately controlled with fire brigade personnel and the petrol pump staff joining in, police said.
Mukesh Jain, owner of the petrol pump at Madhav Chowk, said that fuel from a tanker was being emptied into the underground tank when a customer switched on his cellular phone igniting a spark and the pipe conveying fuel from the tanker to the tank caught fire.
The blaze caused panic with traders in adjoining area downing their shutters for some time.
UNI XC-KV SP 1458