Aurangabad (Patna), March 26: A family of Aurangabad in Bihar has claimed that a nine year-old-boy of Indian origin found abandoned in London is the same child who was kidnapped nearly three years ago from here.
According to the family, the pictures of the abandoned boy in London telecast by some news channels, resemble their missing child Sintu.
"We have seen his pictures. We are sure he is Sintu only. The child says he is nine years of age and aged six when abducted. His face resembles with our Sintu. Now he has grown hair. He was asked whether he belongs to Punjab, but every time he just replies that he belongs to India," said Basant Ram, Sintu's grandfather.
Bindia Devi, Sintu's mother said that the fact that the boy shown on the TV channels was now about nine-year-old and started wearing a turban did not convince them that the child was somebody else.
The family has asked held from Bihar government and police to bring Sintu back to India.
"Pictures of the boy aired on television bear close resemblance with my son. He has grown up now. His age is being told as nine years. He was six years old when he was abducted. Three years have passed. From his eyes, nose and other parts of his body he definitely looks my son Sintu. I want he should be brought back and government should help us," said Bindia Devi.
The family says that Sintu was abducted on March 3, 2005 while playing outside his house in Kikri area that falls under Sadar Police Station.
The family is optimistic of getting back their lost child after seeing his photographs on a television news channel that beamed a report about a boy of Indian origin found in London by the London police last week.
The family, however, still has a long way to go as the identity of the 'lost boy in London' is yet to be established.