Melbourne, Mar 18 : Sarah Michelle Gellar and James Marsters' lovemaking scene in 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' has been named TV's hottest ever love scenes.
According to American TV guide editors, who have put together the top ten list of steamy TV scenes, second was Evangeline Lilly and Josh Holloway's romp in a cage scene from 'Lost,' reports News.com.au
Ellen Pompeo and Patrick Dempsey made it to the third spot with their exam room scene in 'Grey's Anatomy.'
At number four is Richard Chamberlain and Rachel Ward's scene in 'The Thorn Birds', where the pair gets intimate on the beach.
Rounding off the top five was Cybill Shepherd and Bruce Willis' sensuous scene in 'Moonlighting.'
The list of TV's top ten hottest scenes:
1. Buffy (Sarah Michelle Gellar) and Spike (James Marsters) in 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' (2001).
2. Kate (Evangeline Lilly) and Sawyer (Josh Holloway) make love in cage on a steamy 'Lost' episode (2006).
3. Meredith (Ellen Pompeo) and Derek (Patrick Dempsey) in an exam room on 'Grey's Anatomy' (2006).
4. Father Ralph (Richard Chamberlain) and Meggie (Rachel Ward) do some sinning and scorch the beach in 'The Thorn Birds' (1983).
5. Maddie (Cybill Shepherd) and David (Bruce Willis) in 'Moonlighting' (1987).
6. Holly Hunter and Kenny Johnson in the first scene of 'Saving Grace' (2007).
7. David Caruso and Amy Brenneman in the premiere episode of 'NYPD Blue' (1993).
8. Number Six (Tricia Helfer) in a sexual encounter with Dr. Baltar (James Callis) on 'Battlestar Galactica' (2004).
9. Amanda (Heather Locklear) and Jake (Grant Show) on her office desk in 'Melrose Place' (1994).
10. Cherie (Rosanna Arquette) and Shane (Katherine Moennig) get hot and heavy for a Sapphic poolside romp on 'The L Word' (2007). ANI)