Clarke hails decision to skip Pakistan tour

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Sydney, Mar 12 (UNI) Expressing his relief at the postponement of the Pakistan tour, Michael Clarke praised Cricket Australia (CA) and called the decision a wise one.

''They've stood tall and made a great decision,'' Clarke said.

''I think Cricket Australia and the ACA (Australian Cricketers' Association) had their concerns and that's why they made that decision to postpone the tour,'' he added.

Clarke revealed he and his team-mates were happy a decision had been finally made after ongoing uncertainty over the future of the tour throughout the Australian summer.

''It was a relief to know either way. The world wanted to know - are we going, are we not going - and I think it was good for everyone to find out.'' The 26-year-old batsman from New South Wales said he was glad the decision had not been left up to individual players and revealed he was not disappointed to miss out on a tour to Pakistan.

''I don't think disappointed is the right word,'' he remarked.

''I'm happy it's been sorted out without the players' involvement.'' The three-Test series, scheduled to start on March 29, was postponed yesterday after two more suicide bombings in Lahore killed 25 people and injured 150.

Australia has not toured Pakistan since 1998 but has not ruled out returning within the next two years if the security situation improved in the country.

UNI XC AB RS1538

Please Wait while comments are loading...