Washington, Mar 10 : Prehistoric adventure-action '10,000 BC' topped the weekend box office earning 35.7 million dollars, according to estimates compiled by Exhibitor Relations.
The prehistoric epic was followed by Disney comedy 'College Road Trip,' featuring a father's antics as his daughter prepares to go off to university, which took second place in its debut weekend with 14 million dollars.
At number three was 'Vantage Point,' which reconstructs the assassination of a US president through the eyes of eight witnesses, with 7.5 million in earnings, reports E! Online.
Following 'Vantage Point' was 'Semi-Pro,' which pocketed 5.8 million dollars and landed at the fourth spot.
Rounding off the top five was 'The Bank Job' with 5.7 million dollars.
The list of top-grossing weekend films is as follows:
1. 10,000 B.C. - 35.7 million dollars
2. College Road Trip - 14 million dollars
3.Vantage Point - 7.5 million dollars
4. Semi-Pro - 5.8 million dollars
5. The Bank Job - 5.7 million dollars
6. The Spiderwick Chronicles - 4.8 million dollars
7. The Other Boleyn Girl - 4 million dollars
8. Jumper - 3.8 million dollars
9. Step Up 2: The Streets - 3 million dollars
10. Fool's Gold - 2.8 million dollars