Woman dies of burn injury from earthen lamp in a temple

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Keonjhar, Orissa, Mar 6 (UNI) A woman died of severe burn injuries after her saree caught fire from a temple lamp as she was offering puja to mark the Maha Shivratri day in this town today.

Police said Meerarani Pati, aged about 45 years had gone to Ram temple at the Keonjhar town to offer puja. The mishap took place when fire from a lamp inside the temple caught her saree.

The devotees present at the spot rushed to her to douse the flame and covered her with a blanket. She was then taken to the district headquarters hospital with more than 50 per cent burn injuries.

But as her condition deteriorated, she was being shifted to the SCB Medical College and Hospital in Cuttack but she succumbed on way to the hospital near Kuakhai.

UNI DP PC MP BST0106

Please Wait while comments are loading...