Melbourne, Mar 6 : ABBA's 'Dancing Queen', which made waves throughout worldwide in the 1970s has added another accolade to its credit - the song has been named as the Gayest Song Ever.
In a list compiled to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras, the Swedish group's signature song made it to the first position of the top-twenty list, as voted by visitors to the website SameSame.com.au
Gay icon Kylie Minogue was well represented with two appearances on the list with songs ' Your Disco Needs You' and 'Better The Devil You Know'.
The Village People's 'YMCA' came in second, followed by Gloria Gaynor's 'I Will Survive'.
The fourth spot was grabbed by 'It's Raining Men' by The Weathergirls.
"The list was compiled in the lead-up to the 30th Anniversary of Sydney's Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras to look back on the catalogue of popular music to decide which of them are truly worthy to be labeled a camp classic," The Daily Telegraph quoted SameSame.com.au, as saying.
The top 20 Gayest Songs Ever are: 1.Dancing Queen - ABBA
2. YMCA - Village People
3. I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor
4. It's Raining Men - The Weathergirls
5. Your Disco Needs You - Kylie Minogue
6. Go West - Pet Shop Boys
7. Better The Devil You Know - Kylie Minogue
8. Xanadu - Olivia Netwon-John
9. Vogue - Madonna 10. I Love The Nightlife - Alicia Bridges
11. I Am What I Am - Gloria Gaynor
12. Believe - Cher
13. I'm Coming Out - Diana Ross
14. Smalltown Boy - Bronski Beat
15. Over The Rainbow - Judy Garland
16. Macho Man - Village People
17. Relax - Frankie Goes To Hollywood
18. In the Navy - Village People
19. Free, Gay and Happy - Coming Out Crew
20. 9 to 5 - Dolly Parton