Raj govt to launch prjects to strengthen infrastructure

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Jaipur, Mar 5 (UNI) The Rajasthan Government has decided to launch projects involving an investment of Rs 1,560 crore under the Rajasthan Urban Sector Development Investment Programme for strengthening urban infrastructure in 15 towns of the state.

The proposed projects were cleared by the Rajasthan Cabinet which met here today, PWD Minister Rajendra Singh Rathore said.

Water supply, sewerage and drainage schemes, roads, flyovers, slum development and other such works would be taken up under the loan cum investment based projects.

The 70 per cent funding for these projects was being procured as loan from the Asian Development Bank while remaining 30 per cent would be contributed as investment by the state government and local bodies concerned.

The cabinet has also cleared a proposal for construction of new buildings for five Central/ or District Jails situated in Jaipur, Ajmer, Udaipur, Bhilwara and Kota, Mr Rathore said.

UNI SS SY AS2046

Please Wait while comments are loading...