AP and Orissa to share equal power from Machhkund

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Bhubaneswar, Mar 3 (UNI) Orissa and Andhra Pradesh today agreed to have equal share in the Machhkund Hydro-power generation.

The decision to share equal power was reached at a meeting held between the Orissa Energy Minister Surya Narayan Patro and Andhra Pradesh Energy Minister Shabir Ali Ahmed at Hyderabad.

Presently Andhra Pradesh had 70 per cent of the share and the rest 30 per cent owned by Orissa.

The Andhra Pradesh Government had invested Rs 12 crore and Orissa Rs six crore for the project which was launched before Independence.

Both Ministers agreed that the Central Electricity Regulatory Authority would decide the value of the 20 per cent of the share that the Orissa Government would win.

Earlier, the Andhra Pradesh Government was demanding Rs 44 crore towards the 20 per cent of the share to be transferred to Orissa.

The Ministers also agreed to abide by the decision of the CERA for the modernisation of the hydro project and share the modernisation cost and the power generated by the unit equally.

A final agreement in this regard would be signed in April next at Bhubanewar after the decisions were approved by the Chief Ministers of both states.

UNI BD-DP SJC RL HS2036

Please Wait while comments are loading...