Two students fall sick after consuming poisoned water

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Kendrapara, Mar 2 (UNI) Police today detained a person on charges of poisoning water of a school tubewell in Chandpur village under Oupada Grampanchayat of Kendrapara district.

At least two class VI students of the Chandpur High School and a village cook fell sick after consuming water from the tubewell yesterday. All the three had first been admitted to Adhagheri Health Centre and later shifted to Patamundai Community Health Centre after their condition deteriorated.

All the three were out of danger, the hospital sources said.

Police suspected that the accused must have poured pesticide into the tubewell.

Meanwhile, the district administration have sealed the tubewell and directed the school headmaster to ensure that no one used the water until it was disinfected.

UNI XC BD LL KK HT1818

Please Wait while comments are loading...