Five workers sustain burns in factory gas leak

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Jamshedpur, Feb 29 (UNI) Five contract workers of a private company at Kandra in neighbouring Seraikela-Kharsawan district sustained burns after being exposed to hot gas, police today said.

The accident occurred yesterday when gas came out of a pipe in the processing plant.

Police said the workers were admitted to the Tata Main Hospital and a private nursing home where the condition of one was stated to be serious.

The injured have been identified as Sunil Das, Devendra Nath Mahto, Badal Mahto, Laxman Lohar and Lal Tudu. Sunil,who received 65 per cent burns,was rushed to TMH for treatment.

Inadequate safety measures in the factory was the reason for the gas leakage, police said.

UNI BDG PL RL AS1600

Please Wait while comments are loading...