Sambalpur, Feb 27(UNI) Seven people were injured today when hot ash fell on them while cleaning the chimney of the SMC power at Hirma near Jharsuguda today.
Police said although there were 30 people working at the site when the mishap took place, 23 of them narrowly escaped.
After preliminary treatment in the district headquarters hospital at Jharsuguda, all the workers were later shifted to Ispat General Hospital (IGH) at Rourkela.
The company has agreed to bear all the expenditure for the treatment, SMC power sources said.
UNI XC-DP KK LS VC2212