Jaipur, Feb 26 (UNI) Fifteen peacocks have died after eating grains laced with poison at Salodi village under Jhanwar police station in Jodhpur district yesterday.
According to police the peacocks died of eating grains laced with poison spread out by villagers in fields targetting the stray animals destroying their crops.
The Forest Department is investigating the matter. However, no cases have been registered with the police station.
A similar incident was also reported under Vijayapur police station in Chittorgarh district on February 22.
The peacocks were cremated after post mortem.
UNI PJJ PY RN1428