Islamabad, Feb.24 : Caretaker Pakistan Prime Minister Mohammedmian Soomro has reportedly presented his family and himself with a a life-long gift -- a tax-free, hassle-free, well protected high flying retired life with diplomatic passports and much more, that could cost the state exchequer millions of rupees.
According to The News and the Nation, Soomro has granted his family and himself ten privileges/facilities. The facilities have also been extended to all former chairpersons of the Senate, their wives and dependent children.
A Prime Minister Secretariat order on these privileges was issued on February 12, 2008 under the signature of Additional Secretary Nasir Mehmud Khosa.
The privileges are as follows:
1.Exemption from taking out licenses for possessing up to three prohibited bore and six non-prohibited bore weapons.
2. Access to state/government guest houses, rest houses and circuit houses in the country free of charge for self, spouse and dependent children (accompanied and unaccompanied).
3. Pick-up and drop facilities at all Airports in the country for self, spouse and dependent children (accompanied and unaccompanied) with protocol coverage by the provincial govts/Northern Areas/AJK in their respective areas and by the Cabinet Division/Senate Secretariat at Islamabad/Rawalpindi. Protocol coverage/Staff Car to be provided also during travel by road outside Headquarters, if required.
4. Detailment of a staff car by the respective governments for self, spouse and dependent children during their visit outside Headquarters throughout Pakistan (accompanied and unaccompanied) and by Cabinet Division/Senate Secretariat if chairman and his family visit the federal capital, if they reside outside Islamabad.
5. Services of Private Secretary, security guard, driver and a cook for life time.
6. Free medical aid for life time in Pakistan and abroad subject to approval by the Medical Board for self, spouse and dependent children. 7. Diplomatic passport to self, spouse and dependent children.
8. Special security arrangements for chairman and his family either on his request or by the federal government on its own accord taking into account the circumstances past and present.
9. Free installation of telephone at residence and payment of charges for its use up to Rs 5,000 per month or such higher amount as the federal government may determine from time to time.
10 Issuance of ASF passes for self, spouse and dependent children with endorsement of Apron at all Airports in the country and two Apron passes for staff.