Marriage tent catches fire, no casualty

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Allahabad, Feb 20 (UNI) Property worth several lakhs of rupees was reduced to rubble after a fire engulfed a marriage tent in the posh Civil Lines area here today.

However, there was no casualty reported in the incident.

The blaze occurred at the Harsh hotel compound during the nuptial ceremony of a Baranwal family, police said.

The fire also engulfed the saree sale, which was going on inside a hotel.

The fire fighters took nearly two hours to put off the inferno.

Actual loss was being ascertained, Short-circuit could have caused the flames, police said.

Investigations were underway.

UNI VCP-ATI SK RK1945

Please Wait while comments are loading...