Kohima, Feb 19 (UNI) So far 35 candidates have decided not to contest in March 5 Nagaland Assembly elections.
Tomorrow is the last date for withdrawal of nominations.
According to a release from the office of the Chief Electoral Officer here today, the scrutiny was taken up yesterday and only two nomination papers of two standby candidates were found invalid in Mokokchung district due to lack of required documents.
All the other 287 nomination papers, of the 289 candidates were found valid. Meanwhile, sources said altogether 35 candidates from Mokokchung, Wokha, Peren, Longleng, Kiphire and Tuensang electoral districts have withdrawn their nominations.
The exact number of candidates to contest is likely to reach CEO's office by tomorrow night, sources said.
UNI AS BA SB SSC1100