Three more Kiwi players on ICL's radar

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Wellington, Feb 18 (UNI) After Shane Bond and Andre Adams, New Zealand are reportedly in danger of losing three more players to the rebel Indian Cricket League (ICL).

According to the New Zealand Players' Association (NZPA) two current members of the national team and another fringe international player had been in contact with ICL representatives.

Heath Mills, the NZPA manager, did not reveal any names but said he was aware ''of three other players who have spoken to agents regarding the ICL.'' Last year's inaugural tournament of the ICL, featured Chris Cairns, Craig McMillan, Nathan Astle, Chris Harris, Daryl Tuffey and Hamish Marshall, with Bond and Adams in line for the 2008 edition.

Chris Martin, another New Zealand player who might benefit from such negotiations after he was overlooked by the Indian Premier League (IPL) said the ICL was a lure but he had not given up hope of becoming involved in the IPL.

''A contract with the IPL is the dream result, really,'' he said. ''I'm enjoying playing for New Zealand and, hopefully, I'm playing my way into a position where I can get a contract.'' Mathew Sinclair, former Test opener might be another candidate as he fights to keep his place in the Test side while attempting to regain a spot in the ODI line-up.

Sinclair, 32, said he would be open ''to a halfway decent offer'' from the ICL, although he had not received one.

UNI XC RKM CS DS1216

Please Wait while comments are loading...