Cop dies after mistaking chemical for water

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Madikeri, Karnataka, Feb 17 (UNI) A head constable died and an Assistant Sub Inspector (ASI) admitted to a hospital in serious condition, after they consumed a chemical mistaking it for water at rural police station in this district tonight.

Police said the incident occurred when ASI Seetharam(52) and Head Constable Somanna (54) consumed the liquid, kept in a bottle, during a power failure at the station.

Both started vomiting and finally swooned.

Mr Somanna died enroute to the hospital, police added.

UNI XR AJ SZ VP0430

Please Wait while comments are loading...