Cloth shop gutted in fire near Amritsar

Written by:
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Kapurthala, Feb 12: A cloth shop gutted in fire near Amritsar road here last night causing loss to lakhs of rupees According to police, the fire apparently caused by a short circuit completely reduced the shop to ashes. Clothes estimated to cost over 30 lakhs were destroyed.

The fire was extinguished by the fire tenders after battling for more than an hour.

Shop owner, Ashu Gupta, received burn injuries when he opened the shop at 2300 hrs last night to take out clothes for donating to girls at the shrine of Mata Chintpurni.

He was admitted in a hospital at Jalandhar and stated to be out of danger.


Please Wait while comments are loading...