Fire razes three-storey building in Kullu

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Kullu, Feb 11 (UNI) Fire swept through a three-storey building in Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh last night causing an estimated loss of Rs 35 lakh and rendering five families homeless, police today said.

The fire caused by a short circuit last night spread to engulf all the 16 rooms of the three-storey building after two gas cylinders blasted. The locals and the fire personnel were battling fierce flames, the police told UNI here.

The wooden building was soon reduced to ashes despite best efforts by the fire personnel and local people to contain the fire, though no loss of life was reported in the incident, police said.

The fire has caused an estimated loss of Rs 35 lakh as belongings of five families residing in the building were damaged.

The police said officials of the revenue department visited the site of the incident to ascertain the loss.

Expressing shock and grief over the incident, local legislator Govind Thakur announced an immediate cash relief of Rs 10,000 each to the affected families, while promising to provide all possible assistance from the district administration.

A case has been registered and investigations are on, it added.

UNI XC AS JN BDP HS1423

Please Wait while comments are loading...