Ledger died of accidental overdose

Written by:
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Washington, Feb 7 : Heath Ledger died due to an accidental overdose of a deadly cocktail of prescription drugs, the New York City medical examiner's office has ruled.

Ellen Borakove, a spokeswoman for the office, said that the cause of death was 'acute intoxication by the combined effects of six different drugs including powerful painkillers, sleeping pills and anti-anxiety medication.

"Mr. Heath Ledger died as the result of acute intoxication by the combined effects of Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, Diazepam, Temazepam, Alprazolam, and Doxylamine," People quoted Borakove, as saying.

"We have concluded that the manner of death is accident, resulting from the abuse of prescription medications," she added.

The 28-year-old actor's father, Kim, spoke out on official cause of death.

"Heath's accidental death serves as a caution to the hidden dangers of combining prescription medication, even at low dosage," he said.

Please Wait while comments are loading...