New Delhi, Feb 3 (UNI) Five members of a family, including two children, died of asphyxiation when a fire broke out at a garment godown in East Delhi area this morning.
Fire services officials said the fire erupted at the garment godown in the ground floor of a house in Kabir Nagar area of Shahdara in East Delhi at around 0550 hrs.
They said five members of a family -- an elderly couple, a 25-year-old woman and two children aged one and seven -- were sleeping on the first floor of the house.
''All of them died due to asphyxiation. However, we managed to evacuate ten others,'' the officials said.
They said three fire tenders were pressed into service to douse the blaze. Short-circuit was believed to be the cause of the fire.
UNI AG MSJ HT1509