Fire guts general merchandise shop

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Hoshiarpur, Feb 1 (UNI) Goods worth lakhs of rupees were reduced to ashes in a fire that broke out in a multi-storeyed shop in the Bassi Khawaju market here in the wee hours today.

As many as 3 fire tenders were pressed into service to control the fire in a general merchandise shop and it took more than three hours for the firefighters to contain the flames.

The total loss was estimated around Rs 45 lakh as the fire had not only reduced the entire stock piled in the three-storeyed shop but also damaged the entire building badly.

Short circuit in the electric wires was suspected to be the cause of the fire, police sources said.

UNI XC HS JS1931

Please Wait while comments are loading...