Monkey electrocuted; civic authorities reluctant

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Barrackpore, Jan 31 (UNI) A full-grown monkey was electrocuted at Baranagar in North 24 Parganas district this afternoon, when it came in contact with a live electric transformer.

The accident occurred when the monkey came in contact with a live conductor on a road side electric transformer near Baranagar municipality office, police said here.

Incidentally, local residents here took charge of removing the carcass of the animal, as civic authorities were reluctant to do so.

UNI XC LL SS2052

Please Wait while comments are loading...