No breakthrough yet in 'twin blasts' investigation

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Hyderabad, Jan 30 (UNI) City Police Commissioner B Prasada Rao today said no breakthrough has been achieved so far in the investigation into August 25 twin blasts, which claimed more than 40 lives and injured over 70 people.

Participating in a 'meet the press' programme, organised at the Press Club here, Mr Rao said special teams of the city police were investigating the blast case that occurred simultaneously at Lumbini Park amusement centre and Gokul Chat shop at the busy Koti area in the city.

Stating that the city police was taking several measures to curb terrorist activities, including regular frisking, vehicle checkings and intelligence gathering, he said the multiplex theatres and malls in the city were instructed to conduct checkings and adopt the basic security measures.

To a query, Mr Rao said the police had registered an attempt to murder case against the surrendered people, who claimed to have attacked Telugu film actor Dr Rajasekhar and his family members on January 28, based on the evidence that was available at the scene of offence.

A gunman was also provided to the film actor and a police picket was also set up at his house, he added.

The police official said 100 CCTVs would be installed at strategic places to identify traffic violators. Besides, GPS systems would also be installed in all the patrolling cars.

UNI AP VA SBC HS1435

Please Wait while comments are loading...