25 school children fainted due to food poisoning

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Tiruchirapalli, Jan 24 (UNI) At least 25 school children, most of them from Puducherry who were here in connection with the on-going South India Science fair, fainted due to suspected food poisoning, after consuming some snacks from a canteen in the premises of the Science fair here today.

Police said they were rushed to the Church Of South India (CSI) hospital here, where they were treated and discharged.

Police suspected that the canteen authorities might had produced the snacks by using reproductive edible oil.

The Science fair was organised by the Education Department.

Following the incident, Chief Educational Officer ordered closure of all the canteens in the premises.

UNI RV DS PY AS1600

Please Wait while comments are loading...