London, Jan 17 : Music legend Ike Turner's death was caused by a cocaine overdose, confirms the San Diego medical examiner's office.
The rock 'n' roll pioneer, 76, was found dead on December 12 at his home in San Marcos, California.
The coroner's report lists the cause of Turner's death as 'cocaine toxicity.'
"We are listing that he abused cocaine and that's what resulted in the cocaine toxicity," BBC quoted an official at the San Diego County medical examiner's office, as saying.
The medical examiner said an autopsy showed that a long history of cardiovascular disease and pulmonary emphysema contributed to Turner's death.
Turner's daughter, Mia, said she was surprised by the coroner's assessment.
According to her, the coroner was exaggerating the situation.
"Daddy at that point was not doing drugs to the level it leads to believe," she told the North County Times in a telephone interview.