Hooghly, Jan 17 (UNI) In all 79 school children of Sahapur primary school fell ill today after taking mid-day meal provided by the school.
School authorities said rice and milk had been given to the children. A dead lizard fell into the milk and contaminated it. The children soon after having the meal began to vomit.
Headmaster Ashok Barik said the children had been admitted to the Arambagh sub-divisional hospital.
Hospital Superintendent Animesh Dutta said the all the kids excepting four were out of danger. The condition of four, aged between 6-10, was serious.
UNI XC KK LS GC2056