50 fall ill after emission from cold storage

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Hooghly, Jan 17(UNI) About 50 people fell ill today after a strong smell started emitting from a cold storage in Kananadi village in the district.

Police said as the villagers suffered from breathing trouble, they were taken to Dhaniakhali rural hospital but released after first aid.

BDO Subroto Hazra said the situation was under control.

However, primary investigations confirmed that leakage of ammonia gas had led to such a situation.

Potatoes in 33 acreas in adjacent areas had been damaged.

UNI XC KK RS2353

Please Wait while comments are loading...