Hubli, Jan 16 (UNI) Fifteen people received burn injuries in a cracker mishap at Kanavalli village of Haveri district in the early hours of today.
Police said the incident occurred when the villagers were participating in a fair as part of worship of village deity 'Dyamawwa'.
In a display of fireworks, the cracker line which was prepared, burst suddenly, causing injuries to some devotees.
Nine devotees, who were seriously injured, were admitted to Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS) here. Their condition was stated to be critical, the sources said.
UNI MNP RM MV DS 1520