12-year-old dies in accidental fire in Mangol Puri

Subscribe to Oneindia News

New Delhi, Jan 15 (UNI) A 12-year-old boy was burnt to death while another injured when a fire broke out accidentally in a dhalao (dustbin) in Mangol Puri in Northwest Delhi yesterday, police said today.

Shahbaz and his friend Shahrukh, both rag pickers, had last evening gone to the dustbin in Y block Mangol Puri to retrieve money they had hidden there. When they could not lay their hands on the dustbin, they lit a matchstick.

Soon, the foam lying there caught fire and entrapped them. When they cried for help, some passersby took Shahbaz out of the fire and rushed him to the Sanjay Gandhi hospital where he was declared brought dead.

The other boy, however, escaped unhurt.

UNI AR KD RS2047

Please Wait while comments are loading...