Four people die after consuming poisonous food

Written by:
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Damoh, MP, Jan 13 (UNI) Four people, including three women, of a family have died after consuming food and 'laddus' at Kandi village in Hata block of this district, police said today.

Five members of Umashankar Yadav's family complained of some pain after consuming food and 'laddus' last evening and were rushed to primary healthcare centre in Hata where Umashankar's daughter Kunti (12) died.

Umashankar (30), Tarabai (28), Rajni (16) and Bhola (14) were shifted to district hospital last night. Later, Rajni and Bhola were shifted to hospital in Jabalpur.

Rajni, Bhola and Tarabai died today.

Hospital sources said prima facie it appeared that death had occurred due to consuming some poisonous substance. It was suspected that some poisonous substance fell into the food.

The exact cause would be ascertained after post-mortem report.

UNI XC-PS 2134

Please Wait while comments are loading...