20 hospitalised after inhailing poisonous gas

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Ambala, Jan 13 (UNI) At least 20 persons had to be hospitalised after inhaling poisonous gas that leaked from a gas cylinder in the shop of a scrap dealer in the Kabari Bazar here today.

All the affected persons were rushed to the nearby private Jain Nursing Home where they were given first aid. However six, whose condition was serious were later referred to the civil hospital here.

Among the affected persons were 12 youths who had come to appear in a written entrance test held by a bank at the Government College here. They fell sick after inhaling the poisonous gas and were not able to appear in the test.

Investigations by the police revealed that the cylinders had been purchased by Ashok Sehgal of Sushil Bottle Store for extracting copper. As soon as the store owner broke the nozels of the cylinders the gas started leaking causing panic in the area.

The police later took into custody the store owner. The cylinders were also taken into custody and handed over to the Fire Department for destruction.

UNI HS MMS1655

Please Wait while comments are loading...